Its September, and as the summer ends, we turn to thought of going home. These are my top twenty things to do when I get there.
1. I want to go to DISNEYLAND!!
2. I want to to go the mall and walk around, listen to people speaking English, and not have to wear full body armor.
3. I want to kiss my girlfriend, hold her hand, and listen to her speak.
4. I want to drive my truck and not have to dodge tires on the side of the road.
5. I want to eat a burger and not have to guess where the meat came from.
6. I want to sit on the couch and not get splinters, or have to balance myself so I don’t fall over.
7. I want to use the internet and not have it take 20 minutes to download 1 photo.
8. I want to go to a 7-11 and get a fountain drink, and not have to worry about kind of water was used to make the ice.
9. I want to go to bed with the power on, and wake up with the power still on.
10. I want to take a shower and not be concerned with water going off, being cold, or being polluted.
11. I want to hug my children.
12. I want to talk on the phone and not have it cut out because I only have 1 minute left on my calling card.
13. I want it to not be 130 degrees.
14. I want to remember what it felt like to live in America, to be free, sing the National Anthem, and to love every moment of my life.
15. I want a Dodger Dog! (who doesn’t want that??)
16. I want to see a black man, a white man, a Mexican, and a Jewish guy talking without having to have bodyguards, yelling about religious indifference, and calling each other infidels.
17. I want to see my grandparents.
18. I want to vote.
19. I want to go to Best Buy, Home Depot, Krispy Kreme, and Starbucks, and pizza hut all in the same day.
20. I want to somebody to tell me “Welcome Home..”